February is a very busy month in my house! My husband’s birthday is February 5th, my twin daughters’ birthday is February 10th, my birthday is February 11th, Valentine’s Day is February 14th, and my dog’s birthday is February 28th. If you live in my house you were born in February! For my daughters we usually host two family parties: one with my husband’s family and one with mine, both of which are usually within the first two weeks of February. So by the time Valentine’s Day rolls around I am pretty much all partied and creatived out.
If it was only my husband and me we would probably just skip Valentine’s Day, but with the kids I feel like we need to do a little something special, mostly just since others do special things (peer pressure) and any excuse to tell and show them how much we love them is fine with me.
- To start the day we will indulge in strawberry glazed doughnuts.
- My daughters are really into Beanie Boos right now, so my husband and I bought them each a Beanie Boos Valentine’s Day giraffe that we will give them at breakfast.
- Then we’ll do an art project to make Valentine’s Day cards for the girls to give their daddy.
- And when their daddy comes home from work we will have a nice family meal together – one that everyone likes, such as ravioli (probably regular square ravioli, but if I wanted to get really creative I could make heart-shaped ravioli, or I could break the bank and order these.
- At the end of the day we will read Valentine’s Day books before bedtime. Two of my favorites are:
Nothing too crazy, but a simply sweet way to celebrate Valentine’s Day in our house. I hope you all have a wonderful Valentine’s Day!