Oh Valentine’s Day! To be honest, when it comes to Valentine’s Day, our Anniversary or any other romantically significant day, they always are lack luster for me. Primarily, because my hubby is ALWAYS gone recruiting or working a camp. This Valentine’s Day is no exception, however my hubby will literally be on a different continent.
While there will be no extra hugs or kisses or flowers for me, I have my second leading man to cuddle up with! I have a fun Valentine-themed dinner planned for us and a craft project to make for daddy when he returns home from his trip! Holidays are all about the kids anyways right!?
Our Valentine’s Menu
- Heart-Shaped Grilled Cheese
- Tomato Soup
- Heart-Shaped Cucumbers
- Strawberry-Yogurt Smoothies
Our Valentine’s Craft Project
I LOVE craft projects and making handmade goods for others. It makes no matter to me what a gift costs, just a card telling me I am appreciated, doing the dishes without me asking, making dinner without me having to think about it or a handmade gesture go A LONG way in my eyes. This is definitely my love language, so being able to instill this in my child at an early age is really important.
We are making a Valentine’s Day card for daddy using our feet!
What You Will Need
- Red Cardstock or Construction Paper
- White Computer Paper or Construction Paper
- Free “From the Bottom of My Heart to the Tips of My Toes… I Love You!” Printable
- Red Tempra Paint
- Paint Brush
- Glue Stick
- Wet Wash Cloth
- Trash Bag
What You Will Need To Do
- Lay the trash bag down on the floor (I recommend doing this in the bathroom and not on carpet). Have your wet wash cloth ready as well for quick clean up of the feet.
- Squirt some of the red paint onto a paper plate. Use a paint brush to cover the bottom of one of your child’s feet. Carefully, place painted foot onto the white computer paper. Once done, wipe foot off.
- Repeat with the other foot. Make sure to place the heels so they are overlapping as shown to make a heart shape.
- Let paint dry. Then cut a heart shape around the feet.
- You can either hand write or use this free printable for the “From the Bottom of My Heart to the Tips of My Toes… I Love You!” saying.
- Glue foot print heart onto the free printable above or red construction paper.
- I mounted it on red construction paper.
What a perfect and heartfelt way to tell daddy how much he is loved! And all it requires is a little bit of creativity and a whole lot of love!